Lexington Law, a trusted leader in helping people repair their credit reports, understands how important financial planning and maintaining a great credit score is, especially for college students.
For this reason, the company is pleased to relaunch the Lexington Law Scholarship Award fund.
Affording college can be challenging. With the rising costs of tuition, books, computers, housing, utilities, food, and other supplies, students need all the assistance they can get.
Sometimes that means taking out a loan or using a credit card to cover costs. Taking on debt may be unavoidable to complete an education, but students can learn to avoid harming their credit scores in the process.
Lexington Law is offering this scholarship to students in the United States who write an essay about how they repaired or established their good credit. Lexington Law believes it is never too early to start thinking about your credit score and your credit report.
How to Apply
Eligible students will:
- Write an essay of 500-800 words about how you repaired or established your good credit. Competitive candidates will describe and demonstrate knowledge of credit scores and clearly state examples of how they affectively fixed or established their good credit.
- Please research and cite two pieces of content that support your essay from Lexington Law. An example of a citation would be these articles on credit repair services, fixing credit, or credit repair companies. Please also include at least one external reference, such as a page from a government site, educational site, or a major news publication.
- Publish your essay either in Word format as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or anywhere on the Internet, i.e. your personal blog or any other online publishing platform.
- YouTube submissions are encouraged, although not required. Video should be no longer than 5 minutes. (Essays submitted via YouTube must also be submitted in writing.)
- Email a content contribution agreement, along with your full contact information and the link to access your essay to email@example.com.