Lexington Law, the trusted leader in helping people repair their credit reports, understands the importance of financial planning and maintaining a great credit score, especially for college students. For this reason, the company is pleased to offer the “Lexington Law Scholarship Award” fund.
Affording college can be a challenge. With the increasing costs of tuition, books, housing, utilities, food, etc., students need all the help they can get. Sometimes that means taking out a loan or using a credit card to cover costs. Taking on debt may be unavoidable to complete an education, but students can learn to avoid harming their credit scores in the process.
Lexington Law is offering this scholarship to students in the United States who write an essay about how they repaired or established their good credit. Lexington Law believes it is never too early to start thinking about your credit score and your credit report.
How to Apply-
Eligible students will:
- Write an essay of no fewer than 800 words about how you repaired or established your good credit. Competitive candidates will describe and demonstrate knowledge of credit scores and clearly state examples of how they affectively fixed or established their good credit.
- Research and cite two pieces of content that supports your essay. An example of a reputable cited page would be here.
- Publish your essay either in Word format as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or anywhere on the Internet, i.e. your personal blog, YouTube, or any other online publishing platform.
- YouTube submissions are encouraged, although not required. Video should be no longer than 4 minutes. (Essays submitted via YouTube must also be submitted in writing.)
- Email a content contribution agreement, along with your full contact information and the link to access your essay to email@example.com.
Who Can Apply?
Any current, full-time student of an accredited US university or college with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 is welcome to apply. There is no age requirement.
When Is The Deadline to Apply?
Entries must be submitted by Saturday, February 7, 2015 at midnight. The winning applicant will be selected Monday, February 16, 2015. The scholarship will be applied to 2015 spring semester (or quarter, if applicable) tuition.
Future dates: The fall scholarship deadline will be August 31st 2015.
Do I Have To Currently Be Enrolled In School To Qualify?
Yes. The scholarship award will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the winning candidates’ institution.
Award Amount –
Two gifts totaling $10,000 will be awarded annually. Each semester (spring and fall) one recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship to the institution of their choice. Recipients are only eligible to receive the scholarship one time during their lifetime.
Selection Process and Notification –
All applications and essays will be reviewed by the Lexington Law Scholarship Committee and one winner will be declared during the course of each academic semester, both fall and spring. Once the winner has been determined, he or she will be contacted by Lexington Law, informed of the scholarship award, and asked to sign an acceptance letter.
If you have any other questions or need more information please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.