Lexington Law, a trusted leader in helping people repair their credit reports, understands how important financial planning and maintaining a great credit score is, especially for college students.
For this reason, the company is pleased to relaunch the Lexington Law Scholarship Award fund.
Affording college can be challenging. With the rising costs of tuition, books, computers, housing, utilities, food, and other supplies, students need all the assistance they can get.
Sometimes that means taking out a loan or using a credit card to cover costs. Taking on debt may be unavoidable to complete an education, but students can learn to avoid harming their credit scores in the process.
Lexington Law is offering this scholarship to students in the United States who write an essay about how they repaired or established their good credit. Lexington Law believes it is never too early to start thinking about your credit score and your credit report.
How to Apply
Eligible students will:
- Write an essay of 500-800 words about how you repaired or established your good credit. Competitive candidates will describe and demonstrate knowledge of credit scores and clearly state examples of how they affectively fixed or established their good credit.
- Please research and cite two pieces of content that support your essay from Lexington Law. An example of a citation would be these articles on credit repair services, fixing credit, or credit repair companies. Please also include at least one external reference, such as a page from a government site, educational site, or a major news publication.
- Publish your essay either in Word format as an attachment to an email to email@example.com, or anywhere on the Internet, i.e. your personal blog or any other online publishing platform.
- YouTube submissions are encouraged, although not required. Video should be no longer than 5 minutes. (Essays submitted via YouTube must also be submitted in writing.)
- Email a content contribution agreement, along with your full contact information and the link to access your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Apply?
Any current, full-time student of an accredited US university or college with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 is welcome to apply. There is no age requirement.
This scholarship is not available to Progrexion or Lexington Law employees or their families.
When Is The Deadline to Apply?
Entries must be submitted by Sunday, March 4 2018 at midnight for the Fall 2018 award. The winning applicant will be selected the following business week.
Do I Have To Currently Be Enrolled In School To Qualify?
Yes. The scholarship award will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the winning candidates’ institution.
Two gifts totaling $5,000 will be awarded annually. Each semester (spring and fall) one recipient will receive a $2,500 scholarship to the institution of their choice. Recipients are only eligible to receive the scholarship one time during their lifetime.
Selection Process and Notification
All applications and essays will be reviewed by the Lexington Law Scholarship Committee and one winner will be declared during the course of each academic semester, both fall and spring. Once the winner has been determined, he or she will be contacted by Lexington Law, informed of the scholarship award, and asked to sign an acceptance letter.
If you have any other questions or need more information please email your questions to email@example.com.